WHO CAN APPLY ❓
- Proof that the company has operated continuously for a period of at least 1 year.
- If you are under contract with a company, proof of employment with the company for at least 3 months.
- You must show proof that you will be working for an employer who is not in Spain.
- If you are freelance, you work with at least one company.
- A clear criminal record.
- Private health insurance.
- Demonstrated income of €2,400 per month.
- The application can be made from Spain or at the Spanish consulate in your home country.
- Visa decisions can take as little as 10 days if applied from the home country.
- A residence permit application made from Spain will take only 20 days to be granted.
- The 3-year permit can be requested by those already residing legally in Spain.
- Family members, spouses, children, or parents that are financially dependent can also apply.
HOW LONG ARE DIGITAL NOMADS ALLOWED TO STAY IN SPAIN❓
In Spain, digital nomad visas are initially valid for 12 months, or for the duration of the employment period if it is less than 12 months. They can be renewed for a maximum of 5 years.
To keep the visa, you can only leave the country for a maximum of six months per year.
Remote workers can also apply for a residency card, which allows them to travel freely throughout the EU while living in Spain.