The distinct advantages of moving to the cloud include reliability, scalability, and cost-effectiveness. But still, many companies enjoy unforeseen benefits that they didn’t predict. With cloud technologies, Companies can have more benefits than they expected. This is the right time for doing cloud migration and moving from an on-prem environment to a cloud infrastructure.
5 Common Problems with Business Data for Cloud Adoption/ Cloud Migration
- Data Insecurity — Cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS always upgrade their security protocols. Besides, the organization can set up role-based authentication into applications with cloud providers’ security features.
- Lack of data Probity — Wastage in/Wastage out. Unusual testing and standards should be in place. Steps include Data Backup regularly, having an internal audit system, and right permission to modify data.
- Insufficient Platform Control — This factor is one of the biggest blockages to organizational growth. The biggest cause includes a lack of trust in the data and incorrect rights and permissions.
- Files are open to getting attacked — Modern hackers have a perfect grip and have the latest skills in stealing and compromising important organizational data. Content filters, end-point security, and encryption are essential ways to protect data against breaches.
- Limited capacity to scale — The cost of storage and maintenance of the legacy machines can be very high. In a lot of instances, the software is no longer supported by systems. Once this happens, you are in continuous fear regarding the inefficiency of protecting information. As your business grows, old and new technology usually don’t support and are capable of working well together. As a result, the damages are real with lost sales numbers, increased expenses to keep the system always ready, reduced productivity of employees, add, and your brand image will be badly effected in front of your potential customers and partners.
5 Advantages of moving to the cloud system / Cloud Migration
- Dollar-to-data impact ratio reduction: In short, your data will do much for you at a lower cost. Everywhere nowadays, companies today tend to get wrapped up in the upfront price of software deployments and installations. However, they often fail in the total cost of ownership over time, such as additional hardware, IT support, etc. The good thing about the cloud is that it enables you to pay for what you want means a pay-as-you-go model. While doing so, Companies get reliability, security, and scalability.
- Enhanced data integrity: It is not a hidden thing that data often get corrupted. At times, important data can never be recovered. The result of this type of disaster can be devastating. Well, with an efficient cloud system, you achieve more reliable cloud storage. It was designed to back up your data on tough times! Therefore, the chances of ever losing data are very very reduced.
- Enable remote work: Cloud-based solutions are allowing many companies to set up hybrid and 100%remote workstations for their employees which helps them to cut down their extra costs including workstations, servers, offices and etc. An encrypted virtual infrastructure provides secure access to your office applications and shared documents from anywhere in the world. Remote desktops are developed to operate from different devices and operating systems. (ex. computers, tablets, etc.)
- Provide complete audit reports for your data: Migrating to the cloud provides accountability. It provides access control over your company’s data so you can track who is accessing and doing changes within your environment. Besides, having an archival system in place can give you all the company data history of edits and deletions.
- Applications can be quickly replicated and backed up: Cloud-based computing systems, replication, and disaster recovery can take place at super fast speed. Furthermore, virtualization will allow for the Operating System, server, applications data, and patches to be stored on a single virtual server. Therefore, it can be replicated and backed up quickly to the data centers and bought back online within minutes whenever you need it.
Any successful migration needs to set up your cloud and organizational strategy properly. A top-down approach is not practical when trying to achieve advocacy within your company. It’s best to create a team or a group of people and stakeholders from different departments to come up with best practices, training, support, and research materials. With this team serving as a Center of Excellence, momentum and innovation can take place within your company and will ensure smooth cloud adoption in your environment.
Right tools for doing Cloud Data Migration
Nowadays we have a lot of online third-party and native tools which help you to migrate your data from your source environment to the destination. One of the pioneers and Biggest names in this industry is BitTian MigrationWiz which provides you smooth and easy processing SAAS application for migrating your data. You can contact them for pricing and sign up free for the application if you want to perform a trial migration for testing purposes.
You can also become a Microsoft Azure Data engineer by following this learning path. Check this out.